What is Kayaking?
There are many different kayaks, for example, sit-inside kayaks, sit-on-top kayaks, recreational kayaks, fishing kayaks, and inflatable kayaks, among others.
Kayaking is a water sport that one or more paddlers paddle in the forward direction in a special boat. They paddle fast forward in the clear water, it is different from doing exercise in the gym. People will feel fun and enjoy the feeling of being one with nature.
Kayaking is fun, but it's also important to be safe. If you are still a beginner, you must wear a life jacket when you paddle. You should bring the following things with you, Foods, a Waterproof bag, Headlamp, GPS or Maps, and Compass.
There's a reason why kayaking is so popular with the public, so let's talk about the benefits of kayaking.
Physical Health Benefits of Kayaking
1. Improvement of human cardiovascular functionKayaking is an outdoor sport and a test of speed and endurance. Kayaking can strengthen the heart muscle and improves its efficiency to pump blood. If you regularly take participate in kayaking can promote cardiovascular function.
2. Weight loss
Kayaking is one of the ways of exercise that can achieve your ideal body weight. If you paddle at an average speed of 5 mph, kayaking will burn nearly 500 calories per hour! And kayaking is not as boring as other sports. You can paddle and start fishing, or enjoy family time.
3. Arms, legs, back, and abdomen are exercise for kayakingYou are mainly using your arms for constant force throughout the kayak so that you can build up these muscles.
When you are kayaking, the leg muscles will still be used and you have to apply the necessary pressure with your legs to keep your balance on the kayak.
Kayaking is one of the most effective back exercises. Some people have a hunchback in their daily lives, which is associated with a lack of back muscle strength. Kayaking is a great way to get a nice, flat back and is also great for women.
Your abdomen also gets engaged. In every paddle, you will contract your muscles of the abdomen. This will strengthen your core muscles.
4. Exercising physical coordinationIn kayaking, the whole body has to be coordinated to keep the kayaking smoothly at high speed on the water in a very unbalanced state, which is a challenge that fully exercises the coordination and balance of the limbs.
5. Increase the enduranceThe time of kayaking is long, it usually takes several hours, which helps you increase your endurance. When you after the activity for a long time and do not feel fatigued as easily.
Mental Health Benefits of Kayaking
1. The development of concentration
The close combination of strength and technical movement required during the sport makes it necessary to have good, rhythmic control. Whether it is relaxed, consistent, balanced, flexible, etc., it requires people to concentrate, which is essential for the development of concentration.
2. Improving the resilience
When paddling or fishing on the kayak, there are unexpected situations that may arise. Experienced kayakers are able to handle many of these situations calmly and without fear.
3. Teamwork skills
Some kayaks are paddled by two or four people that need to move in unison before they can keep moving smoothly and quickly. In this process, the development of teamwork can be promoted.
4. Stress release
Kayaking is also a recreational activity. We can go fishing alone or with friends, or go kayaking with the kids for some great family time. Besides, it is aerobic exercise and releases dopamine, endorphins, norepinephrine, and serotonin in the brain. These could make us feel happier.
Social benefits of kayaking
Anyone can easily learn to go kayaking, it is a sport and entertainment. We can go kayaking with family and friends. There are kayaks for one or two people in our store.
And if your hobby is kayaking, you can also join a club, which is a great opportunity to meet new friends.
Kayaking also have disadvantage. It's just dangerous and you may get sunburn.
So it's best not to go kayaking alone or in unfamiliar waters, people must wear a life jacket and best to spread sunscreen on the skin.
If you want to try kayaking too, why not start now?